Get ready for the beach! Beach volleyball is a sport has acclaimed international popularity. A great way to get in shape, soak in the sun and enjoy the beach. Beach volleyball leagues are popular throughout the country - even if you don't live near the ocean. Look for leagues in your park district, nearby lakes and of course ocean side settings. Bally Total Fitness has designed a workout that will assist you with improving your volleyball game. The strength training portion of the workout will enable you to jump higher, while the cardiovascular portion of the workout will enable you to maintain your energy near the end of those grueling matches. Try our workout and you will be on your way to winning that first place trophy in your league.
5-10 minutes of low intensity aerobic exercise such as walking, biking, or jogging until you break a light sweat.
Perform each movement slowly while keeping the weight under control.
LegsFor each exercise, perform 1 set
|Standing Calf Raise||8-12|
|Lying Leg Press||8-12|
|Lying Leg Curl||8-12|
ChestFor each exercise, perform 1 set
BackFor each exercise, perform 1 set
|Seated Row Machine||8-12|
ShouldersFor each exercise, perform 1 set
|Shoulder Press Machine||8-12|
ArmsFor each exercise, perform 1 set
|Arm Curl Machine||8-12|
AbdominalsFor each exercise, perform 1 set
Never yawn on the treadmill again! Our free fitness plan builder pushes you to mix it up and challenge body and mind.Build a fresh routine
Eating Right, Weighing Less
Total fitness is about knowing what to eat and how much. Turn chow time into positive change with the right nutrition advice.Eat smarter
- Allow 48-72 hours between strength training sessions. Strength training workouts should be performed 2-3 days per week.
- Perform strength training activities after volleyball practices or games.
- Incorporate stretching into your routine during each workout.
- Stretch after a warm-up or at the end of your workout when muscles are warm.
- Repeat each stretch 3-5 times for all major muscle groups.
- Hold each stretch for 10-30 seconds and do not bounce while stretching.
- Your fitness level will improve during the initial 4-6 weeks. After this improvement phase, you may add additional sets and exercises to your strength training routine.
To significantly improve your cardiovascular endurance, consider the following information. Cardiovascular exercise should be performed 3-5 days per week for 20-60 minutes. Your heart rate should be between 55-90 percent of your predicted maximum heart rate, which is 220 minus your age. Cardiovascular activities are rhythmical, repetitive, continuous, and involve large muscle groups. Biking, running, swimming, stair climbing, and cross country skiing are all examples of cardiovascular activities.