Running is a very popular activity that can improve your cardiovascular endurance. Running will enable your heart and lungs to function more efficiently, and running will also help you reduce body fat. Many people will continue running in the winter months and use a treadmill or indoor track. Bally Total Fitness Beginner Running Workouts will improve your muscular strength and muscular endurance, which will improve your performance when running outside, on the track, or on a treadmill.
5-10 minutes of low intensity aerobic exercise such as walking, biking, or jogging until you break a light sweat.
Perform each movement slowly while keeping the weight under control.
LegsFor each exercise, perform 1 set
|Lying Leg Press||8-12|
|Lying Leg Curl||8-12|
ChestFor each exercise, perform 1 set
BackFor each exercise, perform 1 set
|Seated Row Machine||8-12|
ShouldersFor each exercise, perform 1 set
|Shoulder Press Machine||8-12|
ArmsFor each exercise, perform 1 set
|Arm Curl Machine||8-12|
AbdominalsFor each exercise, perform 1 set
Never yawn on the treadmill again! Our free fitness plan builder pushes you to mix it up and challenge body and mind.Build a fresh routine
Eating Right, Weighing Less
Total fitness is about knowing what to eat and how much. Turn chow time into positive change with the right nutrition advice.Eat smarter
- Allow 48-72 hours between strength training sessions.
- Strength training workouts should be performed 2-3 days per week.
- Perform strength training activities after basketball practices or games.
- Incorporate stretching into your routine during each workout.
- Stretch after a warm-up or at the end of your workout when muscles are warm.
- Repeat each stretch 3-5 times for all major muscle groups. Hold each stretch for 10-30 seconds and do not bounce while stretching.
- Your fitness level will improve during the initial 4-6 weeks. After this improvement phase, you may add additional sets and exercises to your strength training routine.
If you perform 3-5 running workouts per week, you do not need to perform additional cardiovascular exercise. If you participate in less than 3 running workouts per week, consider the following information. Cardiovascular exercise should be performed 3-5 days per week for 20-60 minutes. Your heart rate should be between 55-90 percent of your predicted maximum heart rate, which is 220 minus your age. Cardiovascular activities are rhythmical, repetitive, continuous, and involve large muscle groups. Biking, swimming, stair climbing, and cross country skiing are all examples of cardiovascular exercises.