- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and bar resting across shoulders (bar should not be resting on neck).
- Slowly bend knees and lower body until thighs form a ninety-degree angle or are parallel with the ground.
- Slowly raise body to standing position without locking the knees to complete one repetition.
- When performing squats, your toes should remain in alignment with your knees and your knees should not extend past the toes.
- Do not excessively bend or twist your spine while performing this exercise.
- QUADRICEPS (RECTUS FEMORIS, VASTUT LATERALIS, VASTUS MEDIALIS, VASTUS INTERMEDIUS)
- HAMSTRINGS (SEMIMEMBRANOSUS, SEMITENDINOSUS, BICEPS FEMORIS)
- BUTTOCKS (GLUTEUS MAXIMUS)