Take a Class to Beat Winter Blahs
Okay, so you've never considered yourself an "exercise class" type of person. But if you need a little extra oomph to keep you moving during these dreary winter months, you may want to look at group classes anew. Some good reasons to take a class:
- You can try something you've never done before, be it yoga or pilates or working out on a mini-trampoline. Novelty is a superb motivator.
- It doesn't have to be forever. Many exercise classes at community centers and colleges run for eight to 10 weeks -- just long enough to get you over the winter slump into the sunnier, more motivating spring season.
- It's social. Day after day of indoor workouts can be somewhat solitary. Taking a class now (even with people you don't know) can help.
- There are instructors. Motivating you is their job.
- What have you got to lose, besides a little boredom?