Take the Lunge Forward
Lunges are an excellent exercise for toning the thighs and backside. Depending on your comfort level, you can do lunges with or without dumbbells.
- Stand with your feet a bit less than shoulder width apart.
- If you are using dumbbells, hold them with palms facing the outside of your thighs.
- Take one full step forward with your right leg (keep your left foot at starting position).
- Bend both knees until your right thigh is parallel to the floor. Important: Don't let your front knee extend past your foot.
- Return to the starting position. Now lunge with your left leg.
- Repeat for 2 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions.