Here's what good posture looks like:
- Even shoulders; one is not lower than the other.
- Head straight, not tilted to one side
- Straight back
- Weight distributed equally between both feet
And here's why you should strive to maintain good posture:
- You'll feel better. Good posture allows your internal organs to function better. You'll also help prevent the neck and back pain that slouching can cause.
- You'll exercise more efficiently. Poor posture is actually an energy drain; your body has to fight gravity when your weight is unevenly distributed. By keeping good posture while working out, you're able to direct your energy toward the activity itself.
- You'll look better. Good posture makes you appear thinner and more confident.