Aerobic Exercise and Your Heart
It's true that aerobic workouts are great stress beaters -- great for your heart and mind. Exercise relieves stress through various physical mechanisms:
- Spending fifteen minutes a day doing any activity that works the major muscle groups -- such as running, cycling, walking, swimming and stair-climbing -- helps relax the muscles.
- Exercise helps your body metabolize stress hormones more quickly.
- Exercise releases endorphins, those naturally produced chemicals thought to relieve stress and promote a sense of well-being.
- There are many aspects that make up a successful and effective aerobic exercise program. They include: warm-up, cool-down, cardiovascular activity, strength, and flexibility. All followed with safety and proper precautionary measures. Please visit your personal trainer for more help in building your aerobic exercise program.
- However you get your exercise, be sure to stick with a routine. Your heart will thank you for it!