Grilling Tip: Fish
One of the healthiest meals you can make on the grill is fish. Even folks who "don't like fish" find the taste and texture of grilled fish irresistible.
Grilling fish can be a little tricky -- but nothing you can't overcome with just a little know-how. The taste and the nutritional value are worth it.
TO KEEP FISH FROM STICKING TO THE GRATE
- Make sure to clean your grate thoroughly before grilling. Fish will stick to leftover food particles.
- Lightly oil the grate or the fish itself.
- Don't try to lift the fish during the first couple of minutes on the grill.
- For delicate fish or whole fish, use a wire fish basket.
TO KNOW WHEN FISH IS DONE
- Allow about 10 minutes for every inch of thickness. Stick the tip of a knife into the center of the fish. It should be flaky and opaque (no longer translucent).