Exercise at Home
Tips To Help You Exercise at Home
Finding it hard to make time to go to the health club? With today’s busy lifestyle, sometimes a trip to your nearby Bally Total Fitness health club just isn’t possible. Yet, you still want to get in a workout. It’s those instances when you might want to consider some exercise at home.
Why Exercise at Home?
It’s so hard to form an exercise habit, yet so easy to break it! Exercising at home is a way maintaining your hard-earned habit and not allowing it to fall by the wayside. Keep up the good work, even if it means a modified workout. Obviously a health club, like Bally Total Fitness, offers you the most exercise options, Group Fitness classes and many other perks. But having an option occasionally to exercise from home maintains consistency.
Whether you’re simply a few pounds overweight or dealing with health conditions such as arthritis, back pain, diabetes or heart disease, exercising on a consistent basis helps with your quality of life. So, if having an option to exercise at home helps you exercise more consistently, then go for it!
Exercise at Home as a Fallback or Added Workout
Nowadays there are so many options for exercises from home, with a variety of exercise equipment available to anybody willing to spend the money. However, you don’t need to take out a second mortgage to exercise from home if you just want to have an occasional fallback when you can’t make it to the health club. Or perhaps you want an added workout to perform when you have a few minutes all to yourself at home.
The Simple and Affordable Approach to Exercise at Home
If your intent is the occasional supplemental workout, it’s best to stick to the basics when considering exercise from home. The simplest, yet effective workout techniques and tools you can use anytime in your own home include:
- Exercise balls: core, flexibility training
- Stretch tubing: resistance training, stretching
- Core strength training: crunches, squats, lunges
- Flexibility training: stretching
Besides being simple and effective, these activities require either no equipment or a small investment. In addition, you may find Pilates or Yoga to be easier from home when guided by an exercise DVD.
Cardio Exercise from Home
It’s true that performing cardio exercise from home is a more challenging prospect, especially if you don’t want to spend the money on a treadmill, stationary bicycle or other expensive fitness equipment. Here are some more affordable and fun workouts from home.
- The Traditional Boob Tube Workout: There are a number of exercise DVDs that can guide you through an aerobic workout right in front of your television.
- The Laundry Stairs Workout: Just walk up and down the stairs in your house 10-15 times to get a good workout—use a loaded laundry basket to add some intensity!
- The Dance Party Workout: Put on your favorite tunes and make a party out of your workout… invite your neighbor and start your own rockin’ aerobics class!
- The Game On Workout: If you have kids, chances are you already have a high-tech gaming console in your house, so plug in an interactive sports or exercise game for a fun high-intensity workout… make it a family affair!
- The Fresh Air Workout: Throw on a pair of sneakers and take a walk around the block – and bring along the dog or kids for added fun.